Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hola From Mexico City!

Hello everyone, This is Hermana Fast here in Mexico City safely. Traveling was kinda boring, but it wasn't too bad. I was the only sister missionary with like 9 Elders all the way to Mexico. Finally getting to Mexico was so exciting! It is so beautiful here even though the city is extremely impoverished. The drivers here, oh my goodness, I was afraid for my life! The lines on the road are pretty much just a guideline, but everyone swirves around the road. Also, there are dogs everywhere! We were driving and one of the Elder's was like, "Whoa why the heck is there a dog on the roof?!" People just walk in the middle of the crazy streets trying to sell candy to people. There is no way I would even walk next to one of these streets they are insane! Everywhere around here is so green and beautiful. I know I already said that, but it is! The airport in Mexico city...was an experience... haha The leader who came and picked us up didn't speak any English and no one out of the 12 of us knew what he was saying. lol We were there a while. Once I finally got on the bus and we were driving I was all giddy and squealing with excitement. I still randomly squeal because I'm so excited to be here, it has already been such a cool experience! I'm pretty sure my companion thinks I'm a weirdo, but it's okay she will learn to love how weird I am soon enough! ;) By the way, no need to be afraid for my safety in this sketchy city because I'm in a fortress! Seriously though! There are walls that are like ten feet tall with barbedwire on the top of them. The MTC is such a cute little community though, with just a bunch of little building and missionaries everywhere. Also, there may or may not be gun shots echoing in the background... haha So, the wall is comforting. Well I'm running out of time, but I love you all and miss you. I will have more adventures to talk about next time I get to email so they will be a little bit more exciting. Oh I almost forgot, I got my awesome name tag so now I'm official! :) Talk to you next week!

Love, Hermana Fast

P.S. I'll attch some pictures next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment