Monday, January 13, 2014

Rancagua, Chile Week 15

Helllooooo (that`s what people yell at me a lot lol) 
So because I didn`t write my normal large letter last week I am going to write abut this last week and the week before. Also, I am never not going to write this letter again because turns out I really like writing it. Soooo the week before I had divisions 3 days in a row. One day with Hna butler, who is also a gringa and has a transfer less than me, it was our second time together and we ended up finding a new person to teach and also placed a baptismal date with this awesome lady Patricia. This week it was really sad though because we had to drop Patricia because her husband is abusive and said we can`t teach her anymore. She was progressing so well and wanted to be baptized and said that she was reading the book of Mormon every night and felt that peace that we talked about. I cried we she said her husband said we couldn`t teach her anymore. I felt like I was leaving one of my sisters. I wish we could have done something more but we really can`t :/ and it`s dangerous for us also. Then today we got a call from this other lady that we taught once (who was a miracle her life was so difficult) and her significant other said we couldn`t teach her either. But, she said she read the plan of salvation pamphlet we left with her and it really helped her and she wishes she could still meet with us. That was really sad too. :( Anyway, also last week I went up to Santiago to do my visa stuff and I got to see all my friends from the CCM! Hna Clawson, Hna Thomas, Hna Wilson, and also Elder Horsely. Hna Clawson, E`Horsely and I and our companions of course all stuck together most of the day going to the different buildings. It was so much fun being able to see them an hang out and talk with them it was like being with family. Then when all of us finished our stuff we went out to lunch at this place that had Arabic and Venazuelan(?) food and the owner was from Detroit and spoke English so that was pretty funny to talk to him. After we all we went in the subway to the buses and parted ways. OH and when I was walking I had my normal bag in front of me and the back pack with my clothes (because I spent the night in Rancagua) on my back and this guy bumped into me and hello I watched White Collar I know how to pick pocket thank you! So I swung my back pack around and sure enough the front zipper was unzipped but the only thing I had in that pocket was deodorant. So I looked at his hands as he passed and gave him a dirty look and he just smiled. Tonto... So that was my almost being pick pocketed story. Good thing I like to watch con artist shows lol. 
Also, this last week for P-day we went to this placed called siete tazas it`s this place in the mountains that are this 7 like pools of water that waterfall into each other in a row. It was really cool. We hiked around there for a couple hours and then came back. The elders found a teranchula and so I have a pic with that. It was a lot of fun. Chile is so beautiful! Sometimes I think wow this world is absolutely gorgeous if this world is only a ¨telestial world ¨ I can`t even imagine what the celestial kingdom is going to be like. Amazing! That`s what! So this week we found an investigator who I am obsessed with and Hna Apaza makes fun of me and thinks I`m weird for it. Drum roll... He is a little old man. lol Everyone knows that I`m obsessed with old people. His name is José and he is 74 years old. He is the cutest little old man ever. I will take a pic with him this week. We were teaching him how to pray and so we wrote out like how you pray for him. Then we explained that you just say what ever you are feeling grateful for. So 2times in a row he just said exactly what we wrote out ¨Padre Celestial Te doy gracias por... Te pido por... En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.¨ So we explained again that he says what he is greatful for and what he wants to ask for and we gave his examples. So he was like Oh okay. So he prayed again... ¨Padre Celestial Te doy gracias por... Te pido por... En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.¨ And then I had an explosive mouth laugh because it was so cute. And his face was so surprised and embarrassed and cute and then he started laughing. I felt so bad but it was seriously the cutest thing ever. So anyway he ended up saying one right and then also yesterday he came to church and he was so happy after and said he couldn`t wait to come next week. Also now his granddaughter is interested in hearing the lessons and coming to church. He has a baptism date for the 28 of this month so we really praying for him. He is an old farmer from the country and he lives with his grand daughter because his wife died and he has a weak leg. He is just awesome. Anyway, that`s really all for this week. I love you all. Happy birthday Tracy and Ben today and also Mom and Maddie tomorrow! Wooooo! Love you!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment