Monday, May 26, 2014

Chile Week 33

Happy Easter everyone! Yesterday didn´t really feel like Easter to me but Hermana Jorgensen and I sang in Church, ¨I know that my redeemer lives¨ in Spanish. I did my first solo after a lot of pep talks. haha  Everyone said it was really special so we are happy we were able to help people feel the spirit. 
 
Well the Lord has continued to bless us ridiculously. We often discuss how we can´t believe how much the Lord trusts us with all these AMAZING people. We decided we were double destined to be together and work here to strengthen this branch. Last week the comp didn´t really work so I wasn´t able to tell you about how well Fresia´s baptism went. The spirit was really strong and she was just so happy. She told us she felt so clean and relieved. Then at the baptism we has two miracles and a funny story. We showed up like an hour early to get everything ready and the counselor who was in charge left the font on while he ran home. So we showed up and the hallway and one room was filled with water and we didn´t have the keys to the janitor closet. We had to wait til everyone got there to clean but was we got it all cleaned up everything went fine. One of our inactive members came and said it reminded her of her baptism! :) Then after the baptism when she was changing we showed The Restoration and 2 girls we contacted earlier in the week about the English class showed up...for the English class that started late thanks to the flooded baptismal font. So the 2 got to see the movie and they were so intrigued and said they felt a lot of peace. We ended up inviting them to church the next day and they actually showed up and stayed all 3 hours! What?!!! We were amazed! They are 16 and 13 and they are so great we are teaching them now. We also are teaching this lady named Gladys who is so amazing she is going to be baptized the 3 of May. She has been every Sunday including general conference for 4 weeks in a row now. She is really spiritual and understands everything we almost don´t know how to teach her. We are really being blessed finding amazing people, we even found this girl yesterday who is dating an inactive guy and she was like ¨yeah I just want to come closer to God and really know Him.¨ She´s 20. She told how she smokes and does all these things but she just really wants to know more because the church is so family oriented and ¨transparent¨.  We had a truly inspired lesson with her and shared our testimonies about the book of mormon and the atonement of Jesus Christ and how when we come to Him he makes everything possible and that´s when we truly find our happiness. She is wonderful! 

Everyday is just an amazing adventure and it´s fun to see where the Lord leads us. We have been meditating a lot lately the fact that we are both living our dreams living in a foreign country learning another language and helping people find true happiness. I commented to my comp that the mission feels like a dream but everything we do is so real. I am so thankful to have this opportunity to learn so much and help people. The mission is just training for life. I really don´t know how people can live without going on a mission. I have learned SO much and I´m only halfway done. I hit my 9 months the other day....crazy. I have 9 months to turn into the person I want to be and I know I can only become that person if I continue to be diligent and obedient. I know that this work is real and that Christ lives. I hope everyone has a great week!
Love, Hermana Fast

p.s. good luck and congrats Blake and Andrea on getting married this sat. We are going to buy ourselves a cake. :)


My Easter package that my mom sent me was amazing and we are still enjoying all the treats. Thanks mom!

Random pics. 
My comp is an artist. 
It´s easter in the fall
one of our favorite inactive families
 Here are the pics from Fresia´s baptism. She is so great. She read from the end of 1nephi until alma in one week before her baptism.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment