Monday, May 26, 2014

Chile Week 31

Okay I almost don`t even know where to begin. Hermana Jorgensen is my new companion and can I just say that we seriously were a companionship made in heaven. She is amazing and we have so much fun together plus the fact that it`s nice to finally be able to express yourself fully. We were both an answer to one another`s prayers. We have only been together for a week now and it feels like we have been best friends our entire lives. I have learned so much from her already and I know I am going to learn so much more and we are going to have such success in this sector. The coolest part about it is that the president didn`t know anything about my cousin and her sister getting married but the Lord did and He wanted us to be together during this time. Gosh God is the coolest he really knows what`s best for us and knows what we need and when we need it. I am so excited to be with her and help the people that need us 2 gringas together. We have already had such amazing experiences together, I love teaching with her! This week we taught Frescia, who has a baptism date, about how we have a modern day prophet just like in the days of Abraham and Moses. The lesson was really spiritual and we testified to her about how we know Thomas S. Monson really is a prophet of God and how she can know for herself through prayer and studying his teachings. She was like, ´´Seriously there is a prophet? >Wow this is wonderful! How did I never know this before? Thank you for telling me. Wow a prophet is on the earth to guide us to know what the Lord wants us to do now in these times.`` Hermana Jorgensen and I just kind of looked at each other amazed at her response because sometimes as members of the church we forget really how special it is to have a prophet called of God to lead our church. I am so excited that this weekend is General Conference and we will have the opportunity to hear from the prophet and apostles once again. I have been pondering, studying, and praying a lot to have questions I want answered and receive the personal revelation the Lord wants me to for my mission and life. Today I was reading about the importance of listening to General Conference and studying it afterwards and applying it in our lives. The fact that we have a prophet and apostles that literally receive revelation from God is truly amazing. ANYTHING that the prophet feels is important enough to talk about during his short amount of time to speak to us every 6 months means that it is IMPORTANT TO THE LORD that we should know these things. One of the promises of studying the teachings of the prophet is that we will be protected against temptation, the Lord will strengthen us and our testimonies so that Satan has no power over us. Another promise is that if we truly listen to conference with question about our lives the Lord WILL respond and we will be able to receive revelation for ourselves and our families. I am honestly so thankful to know that we have a living prophet and for the opportunity to listen to him this weekend. It is my prayer that you may all understand the importance of this conference and heed to the teachings of the prophets. And for those of you who don´t know if Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God I invite you to listen to his words because ``by their fruits you shall know them¨. As a representative of Jesus Christ I promise that if you listen to conference with a question(s) they will be answered and you will receive a special witness that Thomas S. Monson is a servant of the Lord. I know these things to be true and I am excited to hear what the Lord feels is important for us to know and do. I love you all and hope you have an amazing week. 
 
Love, 
Hermana Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment